How to make banana bread easy and fast.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 00 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- more bellow
Learn how to make banana bread easy and fast. This is an easy and very tasty banana bread recipe. On the base it’s made like a cake and it is called bread. This makes the texture more smooth and velvety, with a very small crumb.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon buttermilk.
For the topping:
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions on how to make banana bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Peel the bananas and place them in a small bowl; mash with a potato masher. Add the 1 tablespoon (yes, 1 tablespoon!) buttermilk and set aside.
2. In a bowl, place the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and brown sugar.
3. Utilizing an electric blender, mix the butter and sugars together. This starts the structure of the bread by cutting small holes in the butter with the sugar crystals.
4. Add the egg and beat again until mixture is well combined and fluffy.
5. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a sifter or a large sieve. Sift into a medium bowl.
6. Add the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients (the banana and milk) alternately to the creamed butter mixture. Be sure to start and end with the dry ingredients, and beat the mixture thoroughly before the next addition. The mixture must look like in the bellow picture.
7. Spray a glass loaf pan with cooking spray containing flour. Spoon the batter into the pan and spread evenly. In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter. Bake the bread for 45-60 minutes in the center of the preheated oven. When the bread is dark golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, it’s done. Remove it from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
8. Let the bread cool completely and then slice and serve. If you can manage it, after the bread is cooled place it in a plastic bag and let it sit overnight. Enjoy this great recipe about how to make banana bread.